New Google Search Interface
Google is now testing it’s new layout, the main page changes are not significant, here is the picture
The front page changes are really just to make a new, fancier feel. But if we will look at SERP:
When you look at the SERP, you see the change. Real reason (as I see it), is that google thinks that not enough people are aware of their amazing features (Maps, News, Product search etc.) so they moved links to those search services in the hotter place according to heatmap, so that more people will notice and use those services.
How to try the new google search(after the jump):
- Go to google’s homepage, if you have iGoogle then change it to default G’s homepage.
- When you are on the page enter this code in your browser address field (this will stuff cookie with code which will make google think you are the beta tester).
- No http:// or else needed, just that line.
- Refresh the page and from now on you will have new google search interface!
- Doesn’t work in Google Chrome (atleast for me, firefox OK)
If you want to get back to they way things were before, then you should remove the cookie, there are basically three ways of doing it:
- Delete all cookies (easy to execute but not convenient afterwards)
- Search for google’s cookies and delete just those.
- Search just for the cookie you stuffed above and you’re good to go.